Friday 27 September 2013

My horses, the jokers.

I am starting to think there is some kind of conspiracy going on. My horses clearly hate me, or at the very least are having an enormous joke at my expense (in more ways than one)

With my new found freedom I had plans. Not big plans, just small to middling size plans. I was going to get the gelding going this year, and not waste his naturally floaty paces and athleticism (ahem, or the ability to change direction in mid air, either or) and perhaps be one of those riders showing off how versatile their ex-racer was. And the mare and I were going to find our sport, probably not dressage, maybe showjumping, hunting or most likely riding club all-rounder.

So, the first day I work the mare she pulls a huge chunk of foot off. Damn! But nevermind, I am ever the optimist, I'll just start the gelding.

After a wonderful lesson I am full of confidence, plans and enthusiasm, this horse and I will be out and about in no time! Oh, two days later it is like we have gone back to the beginning. I will just take a step back and calmly continue, except that doesn't seem to be working very well.
Today I rode the mare (yay!) Except she proceeded to heave and cough for almost the entire 20mins. Fuck.

My wonderful husband came out to see her, where she stood happily munching grass with not a sign of illness. The verdict was she had probably inhaled something that irritated her, but had now cleared. Hmmm, I'm not convinced.

No comments:

Post a Comment