Tuesday 10 September 2013

I'm Free!

Well, for 3 hours a day, 5 days a week.

The kids have gone back to school. By 'back' I mean the girl has gone back to school, and the boy has started preschool. This means that from 8.45am til 11.45am I am child free.

Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and the summer hols have been great (if a little long) I mean there was that time that the boy found a dead rabbit, 'found' being carried around, or the time he had to be bathed in a bucket at the yard after a poo-cident, or the time that he walked into an electric fence (twice) with wet trousers on (I know) The girl on the other hand is an incredibly easy child, and had a relatively incident free holiday. She is glad to be back though.

I am proud of the fact my children seem confident and independent. Not once have I had tears at the school gates (I appreciate that could easily come back to bite me on the arse) but when so many kids are crying (or pretending to - I saw you, you little sod) and my kids practically run into school without a backward glance, I do feel a little insulted. But then I realise I am practically running out of the gates I suppose it is pretty fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment