Sunday 15 September 2013

Blessing in disguise?

So, the kids are at school/preschool, I am not currently working, and housework is not what I would consider a pastime. What do I spend this new found 15hrs a week doing?

The horses! Yay! I have been waiting for this moment for about 6 years now. Biding my time, so I can finally get on with my youngster (now 12, and not keen on being told anything, thank you very much) and the retraining of my ex-racehorse.

The first couple of days I didn't do a lot, I was just trying to get back into some sort of routine, and I always think it can take a while to get into the swing of things. So I pottered, I enjoyed every moment of mucking out (properly!) in peace. Then, on Tuesday I got the mare nicely brushed, and took her in the arena for a loose lunge. She gets quite tight through her back and I have been trying to encourage her to stretch more. She can be a little 'gung-ho' on the lunge, but was actually pretty restrained this time. She lost her footing once or twice slightly, but the surface isn't wonderful in there at the moment. When I brought her back in I see she has pulled a huge piece of hoof wall off. Fuck! This is typical, fucking, bollocksing typical. I could have cried to be honest. But instead I dry poulticed it, and phoned the Farrier.

Now, the 'blessing' is that I wanted to get going with my other horse. Here is my opportunity......

No comments:

Post a Comment