Tuesday 7 February 2012

The Winter Blues

I am feeling very 'meh' at the moment. Everything feels like such an effort. The kids are annoying the hell out of me, I feel resentful about having to do the horses everyday with very little help and no company and DH is being a grumpy bugger.

When I think about it, I feel like this at almost exactly the same point every year. It is at the point when the novelty of winter has well and truly worn off, the horses and children are getting badly behaved from lack of exercise, and quite honestly I am sick of feeling 'weathered'. My hair constantly looks like a birds nest, my skin is dry and grey, my hands crack at the slightest movement and I am able to hide all my extra weight under huge jumpers, which doesn't give me much of an incentive to lose it.

I want some decent sunshine. I want to be able to have the windows open without freezing, to be able to hang the washing out on the line instead of all over the house. I want to enjoy spending the afternoons at the yard just pottering about without freezing my arse off or the children getting cold and grumpy.

And the extra daylight! All that extra lovely daylight to spend doing things instead of sat under a blanket eating chocolate.

I am so over Winter now!

1 comment:

  1. It does feel like it's dragging doesn't it? At least the evenings are getting slightly lighter now - I find that helps a tiny, tiny bit.

    ReplyDelete