Tuesday 27 December 2011

New Year Resolutions

So we are coming up to the new year (2012!) and with it the talk of New Year Resolutions. I have always been against the idea, for me the middle of winter is not the best time to be optomistic and start trying to change things. I prefer September, the start of a new school year, the feeling of leaving the summer behind and getting back to business. Also, my birthday is at the start of September so it feels right to say "Ok, now I am .... it is time to grow up and start doing x,y and z"

However, this year I have thought, "Why not? What have I got to lose?"

So, here goes.......

My New Year Resolutions for 2012

  • Get on top of and stay on top of the laundry
  • Declutter our dump of a house
  • Try to establish a bit more of a routine and stick to it
  • Ride more
  • Eat less crap - this is one for the whole family really. While I am good at meal planning for the evening meal, I find that breakfast and lunches can be a bit hit and miss. Both of my children (DS mostly) are horrid when they are hungry, so some proper breakfasts and lunches could (in theory) improve tempers all round.
  • I want to feel slimmer, fitter and healthier (nearly all of the above could help with this)
  • Finish decorating!
  • Be more proactive about my good intentions. I have had a car seat and big bag of stuff ready to give to our local Womens Aid hanging around since the start of the summer. This is not good enough. Good intentions are no use to no one!

I think this is it. It is all achievable, there is no 'run the London Marathon'  for me!  I do love to hear what others are planning for their NYR though.

No comments:

Post a Comment